Karen H. Richards has worked as a mediator and conflict resolution and communication trainer since 1993.
- A Virginia Certified general and family mediator (all levels), mentor, and trainer, Karen has trained more than 1,800 people from across the country and the world in conflict resolution and communication skills. She also has provided more than 1,600 hours of mediation and facilitation services to hundreds of individuals, families, and organizations.
- Karen is certified to administer the the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®), Steps 1® and 2® and has provided MBTI® assessments and training to state agencies, businesses and organizations in Virginia. Recently, Karen was certified to administer the Pearman Personality Integrator.
- She also serves as a Workplace Mediator for the Virginia Department of Human Resource Management Office of Equal Employment Dispute Resolution’s statewide workplace mediation program.
- Karen received the 2019 Distinguished Mediator Award from the Virginia Mediation Network “In recognition of valuable contributions to the Mediation Profession”. In 2011 she was honored for “Advancing the Profession of Mediation” by the former non-profit community mediation center, Virginia Conflict Resolution Center.
- Karen is a member of the Virginia Mediation Network serving on the Board of Directors from 2012-2018 as was President from 2015-2017. She is also a member of the Association for Conflict Resolution, the National Association for Community Mediation, the Association for Talent Development (formerly American Society for Training and Development) and the Association for Psychological Type International.